Through its Handicapped Welfare Department — the State Government of Uttar Pradesh provides the Viklang Jan Pension to the disabled residents of the state. The Viklangta Pension (or Disability Pension) is meant for providing the basic support to the millions of persons with disabilities living in Uttar Pradesh.
Eligibility for Divyangjan Pension Yojna in Uttar Pradesh
- Divyangjan should be at least 18 years old
- She must have benchmark disability of 40% as certified on a disability certificate or UDID Card
- She must be a resident of UP and must really be living in UP
- Divyangjan must be living below poverty line. At present, this means that the total income of the Divyangjan and her family must be below Rs. 46,080 (in rural areas) or Rs. 56,460 (in urban areas). Income certificate must be issued by the magistrate of the district.
Amount Payable under Viklang Pension in UP
As in September 2018, the Uttar Pradesh government provides Rs. 500 per month as Viklang Jan Pension. This amount is transferred directly into the bank account of the beneficiary.
New applicants will be given pension only if the budget is available. New applicants will be added to the pensioners list on first-come-first-serve basis. Also, no arrears will be given.
How to Get Viklang Pension in UP?
It is very easy to apply for this pension scheme. We have created the following video to give you step-by-step instructions on how to apply online at the sspy-up.gov.in website.
You would need to attach the following documents with the application:
- Color passport size photograph of the applicant
- Birth / age certificate
- ID proof (like voter ID, Aadhar Card, passport etc.)
- Income certificate
- Disability certificate
Form for Viklang Pension in UP
If you want to apply for the pension on paper, you can download the form for viklang pension in UP. Just print this form and fill it. Then attach the required documents and submit it at the district collector’s office.
If you have any questions related to this subject, please feel free to ask us! We will try to assist you. Thank you for connecting with WeCapable!